Take the Challenge. Earn the Triple Crown.
The Fort De Soto Triple Crown
Complete the 3-race series at Fort De Soto, in any combination of distances (5K, 15K, Halfathon) and earn the beautiful Triple Crown medal. Save by signing up for the entire series instead of individual races.
The Triple Crown will consist of three races in Ft. De Soto:
Sunday, October 2: 2nd Annual Fort De Soto 15K & 5K
Sunday, October 30: 8th Annual Florida Halloween Halfathon & 5K
Sunday, March 12: 8th Annual Florida Beach Halfathon & 5K
You’ll be awarded the Triple Crown medal at our final race of the season, the Florida Beach Halfathon & 5K. Your runner’s bib will identify you as a Triple Crown qualifier, and you’ll receive 2 beautiful medals as you cross the finish line, to reward you for your achievements!
For athletes who run solely in our 5K races at Fort De Soto, we will also combine your finishing times to determine overall, master, grand master, and age group 5K champions and rankings.
The Triple Crown will overlap with our Halfathon Challenge, so an athlete who completes all 4 Halfathons AND the Fort De Soto 15K or 5K, will earn 5 finisher medals, the Halfathon Challenge medal, and the Triple Crown Series medal – 7 awesome starfish medals!
– R.B., Lakeland
Pricing for the Triple Crown – Save by signing up for the entire series.
3 Races: Fort De Soto 5K, Halloween 5K, Florida Beach 5K
$60 Youth 18 and Under
$90 first 100 athletes to register, or May 1, whichever comes first
$105 until 11:59 pm August 29
$110 until 11:59 pm September 29
3 Races: Fort De Soto 15K, Halloween Halfathon, FL Beach Halfathon
$115 Youth 18 and Under
$155 first 100 athletes to register, or May 1, whichever comes first
$195 until 11:59 pm August 28
$210 until 11:59 pm September 25
$225 until 11:59 pm September 29
There is no Virtual Race option for the Triple Crown.
The Florida Halfathon Challenge
Take the Florida Halfathon Challenge by completing all 4 Halfathons in our 2016-17 race season and earn a beautiful Challenge finisher’s medal, choose your personalized bib number for all 4 races, and save with some great discounts!
Our 2016-2017 race season starts in October, 2016 and ends in March, 2017:
Oct. 30, 2016 – Halloween Halfathon – Fort De Soto Park
Dec. 11, 2016 – Holiday Halfathon – Madeira Beach to Largo
Jan. 22, 2017 – Clearwater Halfathon – Clearwater
Mar. 12, 2017 – Florida Beach Halfathon – Ft. De Soto Park
Staged in the tropical Tampa Bay area, all 4 races are held 6-8 weeks apart, allowing you plenty of time for training and recovery.
- The Fort De Soto 15K & 5K and the Halloween Halfathon courses at Ft. De Soto are fast and flat. Made up of recreational trails and access roads in this beautiful state park, you’ll enjoy seeing the sun rise over the Sunshine Skyway. Great for setting PRs. See course map.
- The Holiday Halfathon course starts in Madeira Beach and ends at Taylor Park. You’ll run through exclusive residential and commercial areas in our beach communities, along smoothly paved Pinellas Trail, and through shaded public parks. The Park Blvd. bridge adds some hill-work to your run or walk. Busses will bring you back from the finish line to the start line. See course map.
- The Clearwater Halfathon course is our most challenging. Entirely asphalt-paved, except for the bridges, the varied course starts at Coachman Park, ascends Clearwater Bridge with spectacular views of the Gulf, followed by palm-tree lined Clearwater Causeway, and barrier-island flat Sand Key. Gulf Boulevard leads our runners through beach neighborhoods towards peaceful Pinellas Trail, which takes you back to the finish line at Coachman Park. Our Clearwater Halfathon and our Clearwater 5-Miler challenge athletes with multiple bridge ascents, but also reward them with spectacular views from each bridge’s summit. Both courses are entirely within 1/4 mile of Clearwater Harbor and/or the Gulf of Mexico. See course map.
- The Florida Beach Halfathon course is exactly the same as the Halloween Halfathon course. Measure your progress from your first halfathon to your last – perhaps you’ll set some PRs! See course map.
BENEFITS OF SIGNING UP FOR THE CHALLENGE:
– Save money by signing up for the entire series instead of individual races
– Earn a beautiful Challenge medal for completing 4 halfathons
– Unique personalized bib number for entire series
– Challenge T-shirt if you complete all 4 races on site
FLORIDA HALFATHON CHALLENGE – 4 RACE OPTION
$220 online only first 100 entrants or until May 1, 2016, whichever occurs first
$240 online until June 1, 2016
$260 online discount until July 15, 2016
$280 online discount until September 15, 2016
$300 online discount until October 15, 2016
$320 online only until October 27, 2016
FLORIDA HALFATHON CHALLENGE – 3 HALFATHONS and CLEARWATER MARATHON OPTION
$240 online only first 100 entrants or until May 1, 2016, whichever occurs first
$260 online only until June 1, 2016
$280 online discount until July 15, 2016
$300 online discount until September 15, 2016
$320 online discount until October 15, 2016
$340 online only until October 27, 2016
FLORIDA HALFATHON CHALLENGE – VIRTUAL OPTION
For virtual athletes who would like to run or walk anywhere in the world on their own schedule and still earn one of our finisher’s medals. Athletes who register for the entire series virtually will receive the series completion medal automatically. Medals will be mailed to you.
ENTRY FEES FOR ALL 4 VIRTUAL HALFATHONS
$130 online price until October 27, 2016 for athletes with a USA mailing address
$150 online price until October 27, 2016 for athletes with an international mailing address
To see all entry fee options, please visit the registration page.
SIGN UP FOR THE CHALLENGE AND YOU’LL GET:
In addition to offering finisher, overall, and age group awards after each halfathon and our marathon and 50K, we also track each athlete’s finishing times and add them together to determine the Florida Halfathon Series Champions.
We’ll take your best three Halfathon* finishing times, of which one must be the season-ending finale at the Florida Beach Halfathon, and combine them to determine if you’ve won an Overall or Age Group Florida Halfathon Series Championship. A cash purse of $6000 will be awarded to the top male and female winners. Athletes who complete all four halfathons (or Clearwater Marathon/50K) will also earn the Challenge medal.
*The Clearwater Marathon can count as 2 halfathons for the series rankings.
What runner doesn’t like a Challenge? Sign up today and save!